Williams Funeral Home and Crematory is located on two acres of land in the central part of historic Lawrenceville. The firm was founded in 1937 by Charles H. Williams, who was then connected with the old Lawrenceville Furniture Company.
After the Death of Charles in 1947, F. Earl Williams followed in his father's footsteps with 45 years of service. He retired in 1982 and sold the business to Emory Samford. Emory continued to operate Williams Funeral Home with the same dedication and sense of community as his predecessors. Retiring in 2020 after 38 years of service, Emory sold the business to Tommy Peters, Jr., a lifelong resident of Dinwiddie County and well respected funeral director.
The Williams Funeral Home and Crematory is a member of the Brunswick Chamber of Commerce, the Lake Gaston Chamber of Commerce, the National Funeral Directors Association, and the Independent Funeral Homes of Virginia. We are a family owned and operated business, and operate our own on-site crematory.